We are pleased to announce that our schools use SchoolMessenger as our phone and email notification system to provide timely communication to parents/guardians. If you are currently using the PowerSchool Parent Portal, you now have the option of setting your notification preferences through SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager. You can access Contact Manager via your existing PowerSchool Parent Account.
For those families not using the Power School Parent Portal, please go to the end of this page for instructions on how to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
The Contact Manager feature allows you to control the type of notifications you wish to receive. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review phone and email notifications.
In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to securely access Contact Manager through your existing PowerSchool Parent Sign In.
Steps for accessing Contact Manager through your existing PowerSchool Parent Sign In:
- A new tab will be open and you will automatically be taken to the Messages page of Contact Manger. Here you can review the last 30 days of messages for your student(s).
- To edit your contact preferences, click the Contacts tab on the top of the page. Then click Edit under the Actions column on the right side of the screen.
- The contact information associated with your student’s record will be displayed at left. To modify the way you receive phone and email notifications from the district, simply check/uncheck the boxes associated with those contact points.
Instructions for Non-Power School Parent Portal families.
Steps for setting up your account:
- Enter the following URL into your web browser:
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, and your name. Click Sign Up when you are done.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the “Click here to begin” button. Select the option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone,” and click Next. You will need your students Student Number from Power School.
Simply follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account. You will need to be able to call into the system from one of the phone numbers associated with your child’s Power School student record.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from email@example.com which contains a link that you can use to authenticate your email address with your account.
If you have any questions or problems please feel free to contact me directly.
Phone: 860 632-4841 x25872